The full form of NEET is National Eligibility Entrance Test. It is a national-level qualifying examination for MBBS and BDS programs in Indian medical and dental colleges. Which is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). If you want to get admission to the top colleges of India in the field of medicine, then for that you have to clear the NEET exam with good marks. For which you should get complete information about the NEET exam like- what is NEET, what is the paper of NEET and what would be the eligibility for it etc.
We all have some dreams about our careers, some want to become an engineer, some bank manager, some police, or some doctor. If you are also worried about your career choice, then definitely read this article on our what to do after 10th or what to do after 12th . Let us now know in detail about what is NEET Kya Hota Hai, the full form of NEET or the meaning of NEET (What is NEET). For complete information related to NEET, read our article thoroughly from beginning to end.
What is NEET
National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) is one of the toughest medical entrance examinations conducted in India. It is a national-level entrance exam, which is conducted every year by NTA (National Examination Agency). Only after qualifying for the NEET exam, the student gets admission to the medical college in courses like MBBS (Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery), BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery), and Ayush (Ayurveda) become a doctor.
Next, information about neet has been provided to you through the table which will help you to understand the NEET exam.
|name of exam||NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test)|
|organizer||NTA (National Testing Agency)|
|level of exam||All India Level|
|medium of examination||offline|
|language/medium||English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, Oriya, Kannada and Urdu|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Total Marks in NEET||720 points|
|NEET Exam Duration||3 hours|
NEET Full Form
The meaning of NEET or NEET full form is ” NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST “. The full form of NEET ” National Eligibility and Entrance Test “.
Now you have to understand, what is NEET (What is NEET Exam), what is NEET Meaning, and what NEET Full Form. Let us now know whether the NEET paper is in Hindi or English and other important information related to NEET (NEET Full Details).
If your dream is also to become a doctor, then one must read this post on how to become a doctor once, we sincerely hope that this article of ours will prove to be very useful for you.
Benefits of NEET
The benefits of NEET follows:
- NEET exam is the only entrance exam for getting admission to medical colleges.
- If you clear the NEET exam, then you can easily get admission to a good medical college.
- Your future is secured.
- You can become a good doctor.
- NEET exam provides equal opportunity to all the students.
Eligibility for NEET
Indian/foreign candidates must appear and qualify NEET exam to get admission to a top medical university in India. Let us know what are the qualifications you will need to appear in the NEET exam:
- NEET Exam Qualification – A candidate who is appearing in the class 12th examination or has appeared in the examination can apply for NEET. However, their admission is confirmed only after passing the 12th examination with at least 50% marks.
- Age Limit – The age limit for NEET should be between 17-25 years for the general category and up to 30 years for OBC/PWD/ST/SC candidates.
- Number of Attempts – Candidates can apply or appear in the NEET exam as many times as they want till they attain the maximum age limit.
how is neet paper
NEET is only a medical entrance exam that is used for admission to medical colleges. This exam is conducted once a year in May. NEET UG test paper consists of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) from Physics, Chemistry, Zoology, and Biology. The total number of questions is 180 for which the total marks are 720. And there is also minus marking in the NEET exam.
For answering a question correctly, 4 marks are awarded, while for wrongly answering 4 marks for that question and 1 number for another question i.e. a total of 5 marks are deducted. Keep in mind, answer the question only if you know the correct answer, otherwise leave it.
NEET Exam Pattern 2022
|Subject (Section)||number of questions||digit number|
With this, now you must have come to know what is the paper of NEET and what is its exam pattern.
How to apply for NEET
Here we have mentioned the complete procedure regarding NEET 2022 Application Form:
- First of all, you have to visit the official website of NEET, neet.nta.nic.in.
- After that, you have to register yourself.
- Now a form will open in front of you in which you will have to fill in your information and upload all the required documents.
- After that pay the fee through Debit Card / Credit Card or Net Banking, and you will get the print of your form.
How to prepare for NEET Exam
NEET exam is very difficult, but if you work hard in the right direction and with full dedication, then it will not be difficult to crack at all. If you are preparing or want to do NEET, then below we are going to tell you some important things about which you need to know.
- To prepare for NEET Exam, you have to choose a Bio subject after the 10th.
- You have to focus on Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- Make a timetable to study, and follow it strictly regularly.
- Give extra time to the subject which is your weakest.
- Nowadays you get all the information easily on the Internet, for which you can use Google and YouTube.
- You can also join any good coaching institute so that you get the right guidance there.
- By solving the previous year’s old paper, you will know the format of the paper, and how the paper comes.
Are there reservation seats available for reserved categories in the NEET exam?
NEET has the following reservation in the All India Quota Seat (AQI) allotment:
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||7.50%|
|Other Backward Castes||27%|
|Economically Weaker Section (EWS)||10%|
application fee for neet
Here we have given the fee structure for different categories of candidates:
- For General Category – Rs 1500
- For General EWS/ OBC – Rs 1400
- For ST/ SC/ PWD/ – Rs.800
Many candidates have this question, in which language the NEET exam is conducted, and know more about it:
neet paper is in Hindi or English
Questions are asked in both Hindi and English language in the NEET exam. It is up to you, in which language you want to take the exam. You can give the exam in the language in which you are more comfortable giving the paper.
What is the difference between NEET UG and NEET PG?
NEET UG exam is a medical entrance exam for admission to undergraduate (undergraduate) courses like MBBS, BDS, etc., whereas NEET-PG is a medical entrance exam for postgraduate (graduate) courses like MD, MS, MDS, PG Diploma, etc. admission in colleges in India. There is an entrance exam for
So, friends, that’s all in today’s article. It is expected that through this article you must have got complete information about NEET Exam. If you liked our article on what is NEET and how to do it, then definitely tell us by commenting in the comment box. Also, if you want to share your opinion related to our website help, then you can share it by commenting in the comment box.
Is NEET only for medical students?
Yes, students who want to study in the field of medicine can participate in the NEET exam, although to appear in the NEET exam, the student has to pass the 12th class Physics, Chemistry, and Biology subjects.
What is the passing mark for NEET?
The cut-off percentile of the NEET exam is 50th for the general category and 40th for SC/ST/OBC.
Can I do MBBS without NEET?
It is not possible to get admission to an MBBS course in India without giving NEET exam. It is mandatory to take the NEET UG exam for admission to MBBS in India or abroad. Although there are many other medical courses in which you can join based on 12th class marks.
What is the age limit for NEET?
The candidate should have completed 17 years of age by December 31, 2022. As per the NEET eligibility criteria, there is no upper age limit for appearing in the NEET entrance exam.