The full form of B Pharma is Bachelor of Pharmacy. B Pharmacy Course is a 4-year undergraduate degree program in the field of medicine, which deals with the process and methods of drug preparation and when to give the medicine to the patient. Students who have passed their 12th board exam with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks with compulsory subjects like PCB or PCM can make a career in B Pharmacy. However, before this, definitely get information about this course.
Many times it happens that after the 10th and 12th students do not understand what to do next. Because in the present time there are many career options available. If you have passed 12th science subject then you can make your career in the field of B Pharma, because B Pharmacy Course is a very good option in the field of medicine. But before stepping into any field, it is necessary to have complete knowledge about it. Hence today this article ‘What is B Form?’ In this, you have been provided complete information about B Pharma Course (B Farmer Course).
What is B.Pharma
B.Pharma or Bachelor of Pharmacy is a 4-year undergraduate degree course, which is done after the 12th. In this course, you are taught about medicine, medicine, manufacturing of medicines or drugs and which medicine should be taken for which disease, etc. B Pharma is related to the pharmaceutical industry, in which medicines are distributed to various medical stores, distributors, and wholesalers.
In the B Pharmacy course, one has to study Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Biology, Physiology, and Biochemistry. This course is also in great demand in foreign countries. After doing this course, you can get a good job and if you want you can also do your medical.
B.Pharma Full-Form – Bachelor Of Pharmacy
B Forma Course Details
Below you have been provided with the brief information about the B Pharma course through the table –
|B Pharma Full Form||Bachelor of Pharmacy|
|Course Type||graduation degree|
|course time||4 years|
|Qualification||12th class pass (PCB or PCM) with at least 55% marks|
|average fee||40000 to 100000 rupees|
|average salary||25000 to 30000 rupees per month|
With this, now you must have known that, B Pharma Kya Hota Hai? Let us now go ahead and know what is the eligibility for the B Pharma course.
Qualification for B Pharma
- For admission in B.Pharma, you must have passed 12th class with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology subjects.
- You should have a minimum of 50% marks in the 12th exam.
- Those students who have done a Diploma in Pharmacy can also do this course.
- To take admission in B.Pharma Course, your minimum age should be 17 years and the maximum age should be 23 years.
how old is b pharma
B. Pharm means Bachelor of Pharmacy. It is a 4-year undergraduate degree course, divided into 8 semesters. After completing this course, graduates will receive the degree of ‘Bachelor of Pharmacy’.
Entrance Exam for B Pharma
You can do B. Pharma in two ways, first you can take admission in a private college to do B Pharmacy after doing 12th, apart from this, if you want to do B Pharmacy from a good government college, then for this you have to do B. Pharma Entrance Exam will have to be given, in which you get admission in the college only based on the marks obtained.
To take admission in Bachelor of Pharmacy, the following types of entrance examinations have to be given below.
- BITSAT – This is the BITSAT, Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test which is taken for admission to Bachelor of Pharmacy.
- WBJEE – West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board, this exam is also taken for admission in B Pharma.
- EAMCET – Telangana State – Engineering Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test, is a B Pharma entrance exam conducted for admission to B Pharmacy.
Apart from this, if you want to do B Pharma without giving these entrance exams, then you can also take direct admission to any good private college.
B Pharmacy Course Subjects
This 4-year course is based on the following subjects. You have to study these B Pharma subjects for 4 years.
- Pharmaceutical Analysis
- Remedial Mathematical Biology
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Basic Electronics and Computer Applications
- Advanced Mathematics
- Anatomy, Physiology & Health Education
- Pharmaceutical Microbiology
- Pathophysiology of Common Diseases
- Pharmaceutical Jurisprudence & Ethics
There is a B Pharmacy Syllabus on these subjects only, which you will take in all the semesters.
B.Pharma Course Fee
Talking about B Pharma Fees, the B Pharmacy fee also depends on the college from which college you are doing this course. If you are doing this course from a private college, then the fee for this course can be from 40,000 to 1 lakh rupees annually. Apart from this, if the fees of government colleges are less than that of private colleges, you can get B. To do Pharmacy, you must pass the Entrance Exam with good marks.
How to do B Pharm course
To do B. Pharm, you have to do 12th class with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Mathematics subjects in which you must have minimum 50% marks. After this you will get two options to do B Pharmacy, first is that if you want to do B Pharma from Private College, then you can take admitted to any good private college directly after doing 12th, but if you go to Govt College If you want to do B. Pharma, then for this you will have to first give an entrance exam, based on the good marks you will get in it, you will get a good college, in which your fees will also be less as compared to a private college.
The time duration to complete this course (B Pharma Duration) is 4 years of which there are 8 semesters of six months each.
Best B Pharma Colleges in India
There are many B.Pharma colleges in the country where B. Pharma courses are done. Some of which B Pharmacy Colleges are mentioned below.
- University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chandigarh
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, New Delhi
- Poona College of Pharmacy, Pune
- LM College of Pharmacy, Ahmedabad
- Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai
- AL – Amin College of Pharmacy, Bangalore
- Madras Medical College, Chennai
- Goa College of Pharmacy, Goa
- Maharishi Dayanand University, Rohtak
What to do after B.Pharma
If you do this course then you have many career options. B.Pharma offers many options for Jobs. From which you can select the option as per your wish.
- There are job opportunities in a pharmaceutical company, you can do a job there.
- You can open your own medical.
- Can work in any type of health center.
- Government and non-government jobs can be done.
- Can work in research agencies.
- One can work in any college as Pharmacist.
B Pharmacy Salary depends on the experience and place, but talking about the starting salary, it is around Rs 25,000 and after doing this course, it also depends on the field in which you are working.
So friends, by doing a Bachelor of Pharmacy, you can make a bright future. After doing this course, many successful avenues for your career are opened. Hope you got help from today’s post and if you liked this post then don’t forget to like the post and share it with your friends to help them too. Also, if you have any questions in your mind then you can ask us in a comment. We will help you. Stay connected for further education-related information on help, thank you!
Is Biology compulsory for B.Pharmacy?
No, Biology or Biology is not compulsory for B Pharma. You must have secured 50% marks in class 12th with compulsory subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Mathematics.
Is NEET B necessary for pharmacy?
No, different state colleges have their entrance exams, and some common entrance exams are MET, BITSAT, UPSEE, PU CETect, etc.
What are the jobs after B Pharmacy?
B. Some of the most commonly followed jobs after completion of Pharmacy are Medical Writers, Drug Inspector, Clinical associates, Marketing / Sales Executive, etc.
Can I do B? Pharmacy with PCM?
Yes, you can do B.Sc with PCM. You can do a pharmacy course.