Star Health Insurance, India’s first stand-alone health insurance provider, started its business in 2006. Star Health & Allied Insurance Company Limited is providing leading services in health, personal accident, and overseas travel insurance along with an array of other sterling insurance services.
Star Health has excellent products to cater to all and is one of the leading market players catering to diverse consumers, be it individuals, families, or corporates. Star Health Insurance is prominently among the Bancassurance having a long-standing association with many Indian Banks. With over 12800 employees and 640+ branch offices across India, Star Health Insurance has become a trusted brand. Health insurance is one of the most promising segments in which the company operates.
The policies cover hospitalization expenses, medical check-ups, critical illnesses, Ayurveda treatment, etc. Star Health Insurance Company recently introduced a pilot product to offer coverage for coronavirus patients. A unique move that sets this insurer apart is that Star Health Insurance is the only private insurer in the market with an insurance plan exclusively for autism.
Star Health Insurance
Star Health Insurance’s claim settlement ratio (claims settled within 3 months) of 99.64% indicates a positive customer experience. With its hard work and commitment to prove the best to its customers, Star Health Insurance Company has bagged several awards and accolades over the years.
Some of the Star Health Awards and Recognitions
- The hottest new product of the year (2020)
- Best BFSI Brands 2019 by Economic Times
- Health Insurance Provider of the Year by Money Today Financial Awards 2018-2019
- Health Insurance Provider of the Year Silver Award by Outlook Money Awards 2018
- Health Insurance Provider of the Year by Money Today Financial Awards 2017-18
- WHO Award of Excellence 2017
- Best Health Insurance Company of 2017 by CMO Asia
Star Mediclaim offers 22 health insurance policies keeping in mind the different health needs of each individual. Continue reading to know more about Star Health Insurance Plans:
Key Features of Star Health Insurance
You can choose a Star Health plan to avail the following benefits.
Network Hospital: With the cashless facility
, your insurer will settle all your medical expenses with your healthcare provider. Star Health has tie-ups with 12,000+ hospitals across the country wherein you can get hospitalized (if required) and the insurer will settle the bill directly with the hospital
Hassle-Free Claim Settlement: Star Health Insurance offers a quick and hassle-free claim settlement process. The claim settlement rate within 2 hours for this insurance company is 90% which shows that the customer’s requirement is his top priority.
Solvency Ratio: To assess the ability of a company to meet its long-term financial obligations, one needs to go through the solvency ratio of the organization. As per IRDAI, it is mandatory to maintain a solvency ratio of 1.5, and Star Health Insurance has a solvency ratio of 2.1
Claim Settlement Ratio (Settlement < 3 Months): As per IRDA Report: 2020-21, 99.64% of the claims were settled within three months of the claims filed by Star Health Insurance.
Annual Premium: With a wide range of health products available, the company caters to the needs of every individual from every walk of life. According to the IRDA report 2020-21, the annual premium of Star Health is 9,388.54 crores.
24X7 Support: The friendly representatives of Star Health Insurance are there to assist you 24*7
Add-on benefits: Health insurance plans include a range of add-on benefits such as hospital cash, patient care, and much more to help you get complete insurance by paying additional premiums.
Various types of health insurance plans: Star Health Insurance offers a wide variety of health insurance plans specially designed for individuals, families, and corporates.
star health insurance plan
Medical insurance plans are designed to meet all the medical needs of the public.
Most Popular Star Health Insurance Plans
star woman care plan
A special plan designed for women, wherein women can get manifold benefits along with coverage for the entire family.
- Unique Features
- Coverage for advanced treatments
- coverage during pregnancy
- preventive health check-up
Star Health Insurance Plan for Critical Illness
Star Cancer Care Gold (Pilot Product)
Covers the risk of spread/recurrence of first cancer (metastasis) and second cancer (second malignancy)
- Before hospitalization (30 days)
- all daycare procedures
- Nursing Expense
Star Health Insurance Plan for Kovid-19 Treatme
Corona Kavach Policy
If the policyholder tests positive for COVID-19, it covers the cost of hospitalization.
- Ayush Treatments
- home care treatment
- No pre-medical screening test
Other Star Health Plans
Medi Classic Insurance Policy (Individual)
A uniquely designed insurance policy that covers Organ Donor Expenses, AYUSH Treatments, Modern Treatments, and many more up to the Sum Insured.
- all daycare procedures
- automatic restore
- domicile hospitalized
star health insurance network hospital list
Star Health Insurance Network Hospitals are present in 28 states across the country. With a wide network of hospitals, Star Health Insurance ensures that you are medically protected irrespective of the city you live in.
Other Health Insurance Companies
Compare Star Health media claim policies with other top insurers in India.
- Care Health Insurance
- Aditya Birla Health Insurance
- HDFC ERGO Health Insurance
- Apollo Munich Health Insurance
- Max Bupa Health Insurance
- ICICI Lombard Health Insurance
- Tata AIG Health Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance
- SBI Health Insurance
- Royal Sundaram Health Insurance
- Manipal Cigna Health Insurance
- Reliance Health Insurance
- IFFCO Tokio Health Insurance
- Future Generali Health Insurance
- National Health Insurance
- United India Health Insurance
- New India Health Insurance
- Navi Health Insurance
- ACKO Health Insurance
- Bharti AXA Health Insurance
- Digit Health Insurance
- Edelweiss Health Insurance
- Universal Sompo Health Insurance
- Liberty Health Insurance
- Kotak Mahindra Health Insurance
- Magma Health Insurance
- Cholamandalam MS Health Insurance
- Oriental Health Insurance
- Raheja QBE MS Health Insurance
Star Health Insurance Plan Premium Calculation
Star Mediclaim allows its customers to calculate their premiums online with the help of the Star Health Insurance Premium Calculator. This calculator helps the prospective policyholder to find out how much he has to pay annually.
Star Health Insurance Premium Calculator calculates the annual premium on the following factors:
Policyholder’s Medical History: This is an essential element affecting the premium amount of your Star Health Insurance plan. If you have a pre-existing medical condition, you will have to pay higher premiums. This is because in such cases, the insurance company is more likely to force the claim than the policyholders who are fit and well.
Members combined into a single plan: If you buy an individual health insurance plan and cover only yourself, the premium amount for a Star health insurance plan will cost less. However, if you choose to add family members as floaters, you will have to pay higher rates as you will need more coverage.
Age: With increasing age, you become prone to diseases and medical problems and hence are more likely to claim under the health insurance plans offered by Star Health Insurance, which is why if you opt for the plan during old age If you buy, you will have to pay higher premiums as compared to the younger age.
Sum Cover chosen: Higher the sum assured opted, the higher will be the coverage, and consequently, the higher will be the health insurance premium for all the plans offered by Star Health Insurance.
Lifestyle: Unhealthy lifestyle habits like smoking, drinking, etc., put a person at a higher risk of getting diseases and hence are more likely to make claims which make the premium rates higher.
Calculate Star Health Insurance Premium
Here are some sample premiums to understand the calculation of the Star Health media claim policy. You can find out all the aspects involved in premium calculation with the help of the Star Insurance Premium Calculator.
Family Health Optima
|26 years||2 adults||2 adults+1 child||2 adults+2 kids||average premium|
|26 years||1 year||2 adults||2 adults+1 child||2 adults+2 kids||average premium|
|Policy Term 1 year||1 adult||2 adults||average premium|
What is covered in the Star Health Insurance plan?
You can avail all these mentioned inclusions in the Star Health Insurance plan:
Inpatient Hospitalization Expenses: Health insurance plans offered by Star Health Insurance cover you against hospitalization expenses arising out of any illness, or hospitalization due to illness. illness, or accident.
Pre and post-hospitalization expenses: Pre-hospitalization and post-hospitalization expenses are covered for 90 and 180 days respectively under the Star health insurance plan.
Ambulance cover: Star health insurance policy covers you against emergency ambulance expenses in case you require medical attention.
Organ Donor Expenses: You are covered against organ donor expenses under the health insurance plan offered by Star Health Insurance.
Daycare Process: Under the health insurance plan offered by Star Health Insurance, you can avail of treatment for daycare procedures. These are procedures that require hospitalization of fewer than 24 hours. For example, chemotherapy, radiation, dialysis, and cataracts.
AYUSH Treatment: Star health insurance plans provide coverage for expenses related to AYUSH systems of medicine like Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy.
Exclusions of Star Health Insurance Plan
Health insurance plans offered by Star Health Insurance come with the following exclusions:
cosmetic surgery: Treatments related to cosmetic surgery are not covered under health insurance plans offered by Star Health Insurance.
Self-inflicted injuries: Suicidal injuries, such as those caused during a suicide attempt, are not covered by Star Health Insurance plans.
Injuries due to participation in Adventure Sports: Adventure SportsExpenses arising on account of participating in activities like mountain climbing, paragliding, etc. are not covered under Star Health insurance plans
Illness due to drug use: Star Health Insurance does not cover any treatment that may be required as a result of drug use. These can include drugs, alcohol, smoking, and chewing tobacco.
Weight Control Treatment: Star health insurance plan does not cover you against expenses incurred on weight control procedures including weight control procedures like bariatric surgery or obesity treatment.
Please note that the exclusions mentioned above may vary from plan to plan.
Star Health Insurance Buying CheckList
Get all the necessary information about ‘Star Health Insurance’ by clicking on the link given below.
Star Health Insurance Exclusions List
You can read about what is not covered under Star Health’s medical policies below:
- Injuries due to participation in adventure sports
- substance use and abuse, such as drugs and alcohol
- sexually transmitted diseases such as HIV
- Medical problems caused by war situations
Star Health Insurance Buying Process
There are two options to buy Star Health’s medical policy online. You can buy it directly from the brand’s website or through PolicyX. You can buy from com.
buy from a company
- Visit the official website of the company and click on the ‘Buy Now’ tab
- Fill in all the required details
- Choose a plan and pay
- The insurer will send the policy document to your registered email address.
buy from policyx
- Fill the details in the ‘ Calculate Premium ‘ form
- The next page will show all the available plans. Select the best Star Health plan and click on ‘Buy Now.
- Pay the premium and your policy documents will be shared on your registered email.
Why should you buy Star Mediclaim Policy from PolicyX.com?
With so many buying options available in the market, one must think that why one needs to choose PolicyX.com. Well, we are here to answer. Read the points given below to know why to choose PolicyX.com.
star health renewal
Star Health Insurance Company comes with a Lifetime Renewability feature, which means there is no restriction or age limit on StarHealth insurance renewal.
Star Health Insurance Renewal is available online. The company has a simple and quick Star Health online renewal process to renew the Star Health plan in a few easy steps as mentioned below:
- Go to the official website of Star and click on ‘Renewal‘
- Enter your policy number and date of birth.
- Proceed by making an online payment.
- Once done, you will get the Star health Insurance Renewal Copy on your registered email-id.
With Star Health Online Renewal, one can make hassle-free renewal payments through multiple channels including an e-wallet, company website, and mobile app.
For the renewal of the Star Health Insurance plan, the company also provides a grace period of 30 days during which the policyholder can renew his policy beyond the due date without lapse.
Star Health Insurance Claim Process
Check out the Star Health claim settlement process in detail below for cashless and reimbursement claims:
cashless claim process
- Show your health card at the hospital reception desk
- Submit hospital pre-admission check and doctor’s consultation letter
- The hospital will verify the identity and submit the duly filled pre-authorization form to Star Health.
- The doctors will verify the submitted documents before processing the claim.
- The hospital will send the claim document to the company.
- The amount will be decided directly at the hospital.
reimbursement claim process
- Notify the company within 24 hours of hospitalization.
- Avail treatment, settle all bills and file a reimbursement claim.
- Submit the required documents to the company within 15 days of discharge.
- The company will verify all the information and process the claim.
- Once approved, you will receive the reimbursement amount in your registered bank account.
Documents Required for Reimbursement Claims
To file your reimbursement claim for Star Health Insurance plans, you need to submit certain required documents, which may vary from plan to plan. Take a look below to locate the required documents:
- photocopy of health card
- Duly filled claim form
- Pre-admission check and doctor’s consultation letter
- Original Discharge Summary
- Test reports (such as X-rays, scans, blood reports, etc.)
- Pharmacy bill backed by a related prescription
- medical bill
- In cases of accidents (Copy of FIR, Medico-Legal Certificate)
- Copy of KYC documents
- canceled check
** Star Health Insurance may ask for other documents as per the requirements
You can check the status of your Star Health Insurance policy by visiting the official website of Star Health Insurance. Under the ‘Claim’ tab, click on the Claim Status button, and enter the required Star Health Insurance policy details such as ID number and claim information number.
How to contact Star Health & Allied Insurance Company?
Star Health Insurance Contact Address
Star Health & Allied Insurance Company Limited, No. 1, New Tank Street, Valluvarkottam High Road, Nungambakkam, Chennai – 600 034
Star Health has 24*7 customer care support at every branch which helps the customers to resolve their queries at any time. You can read more about Star Health customer care for branch-wise contact details.
Star Health Insurance: FAQs
1. How many types of health plans are offered by Star Health?
The health plans offered by Star Health are as follows:
- Individual Health Insurance
- Family Floater Health Insurance
- Senior Citizen Health Insurance
- critical illness insurance
- Health insurance for pre-existing diseases
- top-up health insurance
- Corona Specific Health Insurance
2. Can I cover my 4-year-old daughter under Star Health Insurance?
The company does not offer any specific health plan for children, however, you can cover your daughter under a family floater health insurance plan.
3. What is the waiting period for pre-existing diseases in the Star Health plan?
Generally, every health plan does not cover the treatment of any pre-existing illness and diseases for a predetermined period. In Star Health, the treatment of any such pre-existing disease is covered only after the completion of 48 months of continuous renewal.
4. Can I pay my premium in EMI?
Yes, Star Health has recently introduced the facility to pay the health insurance premium in installments. Plans like Senior Citizen Red Carpet, Family Health Optima, Medi-Classic Insurance, Star Micro Rural, Farmers Care, etc offer the policyholder to pay his premiums in monthly, quarterly, and half-yearly installments.
5. How can I check Star Health Insurance’s policy status?
To check the status of your policy, visit the Star Health Insurance login page on their official website. Login with your registered User ID and Password, and you will be redirected to a page from where you can view your All-Star Health Insurance policy details.
6. Can I port my Star Health Insurance policy?
Yes, you can. The company allows the policyholder to port his policy to other insurers. As per IRDAI guidelines, one can port his policies at least 45 days before, but not earlier than 60 days from the date of policy renewal.
7. Does the company provide coverage for maternity expenses?
Yes, some of the Star Health plans like the Comprehensive Plan offer coverage for maternity expenses.
8. How many times am I allowed to claim the policy term?
Anyone can claim the policy term until your Sum Insured cover expires.
9. Where can I find Star Health’s list of TPAs to process my claims?
The best part about Star Health is that there is no Third Party Administrator (TPA). The company has its own direct in-house claim settlement team which ensures that your claims are settled on time without any hassle.
10. Will the test for COVID-19 be covered under the policy?
The cost of the RT PCR test as decided by the State/Central Government will be covered.
11. Is COVID-19 treatment covered in my health insurance policy?
Star Health Insurance policy covers the treatment of COVID-19 when the treatment is taken as an inpatient.
12. Is there any policy that covers Autism?
Yes, Autism is covered under the Star Special Care health insurance policy.
13. Does Star Health Insurance offer any specific plan for critical illnesses?
Star Criticare Plus insurance policy covers 11 critical illnesses.
14. What is the eligibility to buy Star Health’s autism plan?
This policy is available to any child with autism who is between the ages of 3 to 25 years.
15. Does Star Health provide restoration benefits under a health insurance plan for the family?
Yes, Star Health offers 100% restoration benefits under some of its health plans.
16. What are the documents required to claim COVID-19 treatment?
Following are the required documents (original):
- Test Report (Govt Approved Laboratories)
- Testing, hospital, and drug bills
- discharge summary
- payment receipts
- claim form
17. Can a non-Indian take the star’s health policy?
Yes, any non-Indian can take Star’s health insurance plan, but the coverage will be available only across India. How can I pay Star Health Insurance plan premium online?
18. What is the grace period for the renewal of Star Health Insurance plans?
Star Health Insurance offers a grace period of 30 days for renewal. It allows the policyholder to pay the renewal premium even after the expiry of the due date. With this 30-day, grace period policyholders can enjoy the full coverage benefits of a health insurance plan during the grace period.
19. What is Health Card?
The health card comes with Star Health Insurance’s health insurance policy and is similar to an ID card. It allows the insured to get cashless treatment at any network hospital of Star Health Insurance Company.
20. How can I pay the premium of the Star Health Insurance plan online?
Visit the Star Health Insurance website and select a health insurance policy. Fill in the details of all the persons for whom health insurance is to be purchased. With the help of Star Health Premium Calculator, one can check the quotation instantly. The Star Health online payment can be made through Debit Card, Net Banking, and Credit Card.
21. What diseases does Star Health Insurance cover?
Below mentioned is the Star Health Insurance Cover Disease List:
- HIV / AIDS
- genetic disorder
- Illnesses caused by alcohol or drug use