Do you also want to do GST Registration, how to do new GST registration, what documents are required for GST ( documents required for GST registration)? Let us know all the information today.
In this article, you will also know how I did GST registration for my E-commerce business.
What is GST
Goods and Services Tax is an indirect tax. Which is used in the supply of goods and services in India. When GST came to India, it has replaced taxes like Service Tax, Vat Tax, Excise Duty. The GST Act was passed on 29 March 2017 and was enacted on 1 July 2017 to become the 101st Constitutional Amendment passed by the Government of India.
documents required for GST registration
If you have a business and you also want to do GST registration for your business, then you first need to know what documents will be required for GST. Let us tell you.
- PAN Card should be in your name or business name, if you have a business on your property then an electricity bill will be charged.
- Aadhar card will also be online verification.
- Mobile numbers and email IDs will also be used for OTP.
- If there is business on rent property then NOC will be applicable.
- A consent letter would also appear if it is on rent.
Different Types of GST
Although there were many types of taxes earlier, after GST, some taxes have come under GST, there are different types of GST such as CGST, SGST, UTGST and IGST.
- CGST( Central Goods and Service Tax)
- SGST ( State Goods and Service Tax )
- UTGST(Union Territory Goods & Services Tax )
- IGST(Integrated Goods & Services Tax)
About the Central Goods and Services Tax
What is CGST (Central Goods and Services Tax)
Under GST, CGST is a tax levied by the central government on the intrastate supply of both goods and services. And it will be governed under CGST Act. SGST will also be levied on supplies within the same state and will be governed by the state government.
What is SGST (State Goods and Services Tax)
The tax on state goods and services is specifically imposed by the state government and the state government is the sole beneficiary of the revenue collected. This tax is also one of the taxes of GST.
- SGST has replaced many state-level taxes such as lottery tax, luxury tax, VAT, purchase tax, and sales tax.
- If the transaction of goods is interstate (outside the state) then both SGST and CGST are levied but only SGST tax is levied if the goods are transacted within the state only.
- Under GST, the revenue earned from SGST belongs to the State Government and the revenue earned from CGST belongs to the Central Government.
What is IGST?
Integrated Goods and Services Tax is a type of GST tax where this tax is levied on the supply of goods of the interstate and this GST tax is also levied on the goods imported and exported. And the central government is responsible for this tax. Is.
The received IGST tax is divided into two places, one is the state in which the goods and services are received and the other is the central government.
What is GST?
GST is a type of tax levied on goods and services in a union territory. This tax is similar to SGST but is levied only in Union Territories
UGST is applicable in Delhi along with Union Territories such as Dadar, Nagar Haveli, Chandigarh, Andaman and Nicobar, Puducherry. This revenue collected by the government belongs to the Union Territory.
Recently, I have done GST registration for my E-commerce business, so I will tell you a process given the same, through which you can do your own GST registration. Whatever your business, you first gather information through youtube, you will get all the videos.
documents required for GST registration
- You have to keep your PAN card
- have aadhar card
- The electricity bill is to be kept if you do not live on rent.
- Must have a mobile number and email ID also.
- After that, we see the process.
How to do GST New Registration
For GST registration, all the things mentioned above should be there. First of all, you have to type New GST Registration on google and open the official website of the government.
- You have to go to the official website – GST.
- After this, you see the GST Practitioners option
- Then there will be the option of Registration Now, click on it.
- A new window will open in that select on new registration.
- Then you have to fill a form in which you first select Taxpayer.
- Then enter state, district, and legal name, PAN number, email, mobile number.
- After doing this proceed further then you will get 2 OTPs, one on mobile and one on mail.
- Then you will get a TRN number. Note it down.
- After noting down the TRN number, enter the temporary number and log in again.
- Then you will get the registration and expiration detail, in the same click on the check box below the action
- After that, you have to fill in all the details one by one.
- You will have to show your PAN card and legal name, enter the trade name below that which you think.
- After this, the address and business details have to be given.
- It has a total of 10 options. Do not fill where it is not mandatory.
Q: Will GST be charged for e-commerce?
ANS: Yes, if you want to do business online then you have to take GSTIN.
Q: How can GST be charged?
Ans: For GST, you do not go to any agent or cafe, apply online by yourself. Read the full article.
Q: What are the documents required for GST?
Ans: For GST, PAN card, Aadhar card, Electricity bill, Property rent pay, then NOC, Partner detail, Mobile, Email that’s all.