Regional Transport Office (RTO) is a government organization responsible for the registration of vehicles, issuance of driver’s license, motor insurance, and grant of certificate of fitness to transport vehicles, etc. RTO Adhikari job is one of the highly reputed government jobs in India. Many students see the dream of becoming an RTO officer, if you also want to know about How to become an RTO officer, then you are at the right place.
RTO Officer is a Grade-B type officer who gets various facilities along with a good salary. Those candidates who aspire to become an RTO officer must have passed graduation from any recognized university. Not only this, but you also get other information related to RTO Inspector like what is RTO officer, the qualification of RTO, how to get a job in rto office, or How to become an RTO officer? You should also know about all these essential things, the information which you are going to get through this article.
What is RTO Officer
RTO i.e. Regional Transport Office is a government organization of the Government of India. Whose job is to maintain a database of vehicles and driving licenses in their area. RTO (Regional Transport Office) works under the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways of India. It is responsible for maintaining the database of vehicles for different states of India. And in the RTO offices who have the responsibility of maintaining the database of vehicles and driving licenses, are called RTO officers i.e. RTO Adhikari.
There are many types of vehicle documents like insurance, vehicle registration, license, fitness, permit, tax, pollution test, etc. After verification, the one through whom they are passed is the RTO officer.
There are three types of posts in the RTO Office on which after successfully passing all the stages, candidates are posted.
- Clerical Or Clerk Post
- Sub Assistant Engineer Post
- Judicial Post
So on these 3 posts, you can work in RTO Office.
RTO Full Form
RTO Full Form – is “ Regional Transport Office ”, and the full name of RTO is – “ Regional Transport Office ”.
Now the most important information is how to become an RTO officer and what is RTO Syllabus, let’s know about it.
How to become an RTO officer
- To become an RTO officer, you must have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
- There is no direct recruitment for RTO post.
- Before becoming an RTO officer, you have to apply for a post like ARTO or MVI.
- Candidates first get promotion to become RTO officer after gaining work experience in a low level post like ARTO or MVI and based on work profile.
- The minimum age limit to apply for the post of RTO Officer is 21 to 30 years.
- There is also a provision of relaxation in the age limit by the government for some categories.
- The RTO exam is conducted by the State Public Service Commission, which is a Grade B post.
- Registration of vehicles, issue of driver’s license, motor insurance, grant of fitness certificate to transport vehicles is done by rto adhikari.
Qualification of RTO
The registration of vehicles is done by a department of the Government of India and that is RTO. And to become an RTO officer candidates have to fulfill these eligibility criteria.
Qualification to become RTO
- Candidates must have passed 12th or its equivalent examination from a recognized board.
- Candidates should have passed Graduation in any discipline from recognized university or institute.
- Candidate having Diploma is also eligible for some post.
RTO Age Limit
The age limit for RTO officers should be between 21 to 30 years. There is a relaxation of up to 3 years for OBC category candidates. Whereas SC/ST applicants get a relaxation of 5 years.
How to become an RTO officer
To become an RTO officer, you have to clear the PSC (Public Service Commission) conducted by the state government. To appear in this exam, the candidate must have a graduation from any recognized university or institute. The RTO exam is divided into three stages (Written Test, Physical Fitness Test, and Interview).
First of all, you have a written exam. The paper has a total of 200 marks, which are given 2 hours to solve. In this, you are asked different types of questions on these topics.
- National And International Current Events
- History Of India
- Economic and Social Development
- Environment And Ecology
- General Science
- English Language
After the written test, you have a physical fitness test. You must be physically fit.
After passing both the exams you will be interviewed. In which you are tested based on your intelligence, ability, values , and qualities, and you are asked some questions. After passing this, you are selected for the post of RTO Officer and after the completion of the training, the appointment letter is provided.
RTO Officer Exam Syllabus
It is important to know its syllabus to give RTO exam. With this, you will have to study only those subjects which are asked in the exam.
- Common Sense
- common state language
- optional subject
- general English
- general Studies
This is the syllabus that you have to read by To become an Rto Officer.
No matter what the job is, we first want to know its salary and how much salary we will get from this job. The question must have come to your mind how much salary does an RTO officer get? So let’s know about this.
Salary of RTO Officer
There are many ranks included in the salary of RTO officers and their salary varies according to the same RTO officer rank. The salary of an RTO officer initially ranges from Rs 20,000 to 40,000 monthly, which increases with experience, time, and promotion.
If you are working hard How to become an RTO officer then you have to focus completely on its preparation.
How to prepare for RTO
To crack the RTO exam, you have to focus on its preparation. We know further about how you have to prepare for this exam.
- You have to keep yourself updated daily with current affairs , for which you can take the help of News Paper, Monthly Magazine etc.
- Select good books, which are easy to read and good.
- Go through the syllabus of the exam well, and do your studies accordingly.
- Pay more attention to the subject in which you are weak.
- Solve previous year papers, it will help you to know what type of questions are coming in the exam.
- In whichever subject you have doubts, clear it on time.
- Give daily online mock tests .
Now we will know what the RTO Officer has to do.
If you also want to become an RTO officer, then you need to know what work RTO officers do.
A driving license is given by the RTO department. There are some tests for the driver to get a driving license and only after passing those tests, does the RTO officer issue it.
Whenever a person buys a new vehicle, he has to register to get legal rights on that vehicle. It is illegal to drive a vehicle without a number plate. Registering a vehicle in the function of RTO.
The pollution level of vehicles is tested by the RTO, the vehicle which causes more pollution, its license is canceled.
Insurance work is also done by the RTO officer. If you want to get your car insured, then you have to go to the RTO office.
In this article, you know in brief about how to become an RTO officer, I hope that here I have given answers to all your questions like how to make rto, RTO Officer Qualification, etc. If still there is any such question whose answer you have not found in this post, then you can ask us by commenting, we will meet you with the right answer.
If you liked the information given in this post of How to become an RTO officer, then definitely share it with your friends so that they can know How to become an RTO officer.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the qualification required to become an RTO?
To become an RTO, you must have a graduation degree.
What is the full form of RTO?
The full form of RTO is Regional Transport Office.
Who is the head of RTO?
The Transport Commissioner is the head of the RTO (Regional TransportOffice ).