Care Health Insurance (earlier known as Religare Health Insurance)
Care Health Insurance (earlier known as Religare Health Insurance) is a specialized health insurance company in India. It is a direct subsidiary of Religare Enterprises Limited. The insurer offers quality-driven products related to Family Health Plan, Critical Illness, Personal Accident, Super Top-up, Maternity Insurance along with Micro Insurance products for rural areas. In addition, it provides various wellness services to its clients.
The company has won many awards and accolades over the years. Some of them are given below:
- ABP News – Best Health Insurance Company at BFSI Awards 2015
- Best Health Insurance Company at Emerging Asia Insurance Awards, 2019
- Best Claim Service Provider of the Year – Insurance India Summit & Awards 2018
- Editors’ Choice Award for Best Product Innovation at Finoviti in 2013
- Best Medical/Health Insurance Product Award at FICCI Healthcare Excellence Awards in 2015, 2018, and 2019.
Key Features of CARE Health Insurance Company (earlier known as Religare Health Insurance)
Care Insurance offers a wide range of health insurance policies to meet the diverse health needs of our customers. Care Insurance also offers an in-house app which is a one-stop solution for all your policy concerns. Take a look at some of the other key features of Care Medical Insurance:
Network Hospitals: CARE Medical Insurance provides quality cashless treatment in over 16500 leading network hospitals across the country.
Solvency Ratio: When choosing an insurance company for you and your family, the solvency ratio is one of the most important factors to consider as it reflects the company’s ability to meet its long-term financial obligations. As per IRDAI, it is mandatory to maintain a solvency ratio of 1.5. Care Medical Insurance currently has a solvency ratio of 2.52.
Market Share: Market share means the total number of policies sold by the insurance company and the premiums collected. As per the IRDAI Annual Report 2020-21, the annual gross premium of care health insurance is Rs 2,559.75 crore.
Claim Support Ratio: Claim support is one of the most important factors when choosing an insurance company as it reflects the claims settlement ability of the insurer. Care Health Insurance has a claim settlement ratio of 100% which shows that the company is reliable and cares about its customers.
Number of Branches: Care Health Insurance has more than 158 branches across India. Customers can quickly visit the nearest branch of the company if policyholders have any policy or claim-related queries.
Care Health Plan (earlier known as Religare Health Insurance)
Care Health Insurance offers comprehensive health insurance policies designed to meet the health needs of individuals and families. Below is a list of care plans offered by Care Health Insurance:
Care Health Individual and Family Floater Plans
A comprehensive health plan for individuals and families offers a wide range of sum insured options ranging from Rs 3 lakh to Rs 6 crore with global coverage benefits.
- in-built maternity cover
- No upper age limit for enrollment
- Coverage for advanced treatments
Care Health Pre-existing Disease Plan
Get medical coverage for pre-existing diseases like BP, Diabetes by paying a co-pay of 20-30% without any waiting period.
- No pre-policy checkup required
- dialysis cover available
- Annual Health Checkup
Care Health Specialized Plan
A super top-up health insurance plan to provide additional medical cover based on the policy deductible principle.
- covers modern treatments
- Flexible options for deductibles
- No pre-policy medical test
Care Health Insurance Network Hospital List
Care Health Insurance promises a wide network of cashless hospitals across India. A well-connected network of over 19000 cashless hospitals, Care Health Insurance ensures that you are medically protected, no matter the city you live in
Other Health Insurance Companies
Compare Care Health plans with other top insurers in India.
Calculate Care Health Insurance Premium
The premium amount of a health insurance policy depends on the type of policy chosen by you. shown some sample premiums based on different coverage scenarios, to make it easy for you to calculate the Care health insurance premium. We have used Care Health Insurance Premium Calculator to calculate sample premiums for various mediclaim policies offered by the insurer.
Why Care Health Insurance?
With so many health insurance companies available in the market, choosing a suitable insurer for you and your family becomes quite a tedious task. Hence, mentioned some of the care health insurance benefits for your ease and quick selection:
Specialized health insurer
Care Health Insurance offers a unique combination of health plans that fit every budget and are in sync with every healthcare need. Care is a specialized health insurer that ensures to meet all the healthcare needs of its clients.
In-House Claim Settlement Team
With Care Health, you do not need to engage with TPAs, as the company provides hassle-free in-house claim settlements that will save you time and energy.
For queries like in-house mobile app renewal, claim settlement or any policy-related concerns to address all policy concerns, you can visit the company’s mobile app, and get all your queries resolved in one go Huh.
16500+ CARE HEALTH NETWORK HOSPITAL With a wide network of impaneled hospitals
, CARE Health Insurance allows you to get cashless hospitalization with ease and convenience.
Offers 10% renewal discount
Every time you renew your Care Insurance policy, you will get a renewal discount of up to 10%.
Care Health Insurance Add-on Cover
CARE health insurance plans offer several additional covers that can be brought along with a standard health plan. These help in increasing the road coverage and allow the policyholder to customize his plan as per his needs and requirements.
These add-ons vary according to the cover plan. However, to give you an idea about the add-on covers available, we have mentioned some of these. Take a look:
No Claim Bonus Super: Care Health Insurance offers a 50% increase in Sum Assured for each claim-free year. The maximum benefit can be availed up to 100%.
International Second Opinions: With this add-on, you can avail free international second opinions, and be double sure before going for the treatment.
Unlimited Automatic Recharge: This Care health insurance add-on cover allows you to recharge your Sum Assured for an unlimited number of times, whenever it gets exhausted.
Everyday Care: This add-on cover pays 1% of the Sum Assured for each medical consultation and diagnostic test.
Coverage for Air Ambulance: This add-on insurance provides adequate coverage for treatments that are not available in your city.
Care Health Insurance Exclusion List
Know some of the conditions that are not usually covered under Care Health Insurance.
- Expenses due to self-injury resulting from suicide or attempted suicide
- sexually transmitted diseases such as AIDS
- Expenses due to alcohol or drug abuse
- Medical problems caused by war or similar situations
Care Health Insurance Buying Process
You can buy the Care health insurance plan through the official website of the brand as well. We have shared both the procedures below:
buy from company
- Visit the official website of the company and click on the ‘Buy Now‘ tab.
- Fill in all the required details.
- Choose a plan and pay.
- The insurer will send the policy document to your registered email address.
Care Health Insurance Renewal
The company has designed a simple process for Care Health Insurance Renewal and policyholders can approach PolicyX for Care Health Insurance Renewal or just follow the 4 steps mentioned below and you are fully eligible for Care Health Insurance Renewal ready.
- Visit the official website and click on ‘Renewal’.
- Enter your existing details like policy number, date of birth, etc.
- Click on ‘Let’s Renew’.
- Pay online and renew your policy.
Care Health Insurance allows easy policy renewal through its in-house app.
Care Health Insurance Claim Process
CARE Health Insurance offers two options for claim settlement i.e. cashless claim and reimbursement claim. The procedures are explained below:
cashless claim process
- Intimate hospital (24 hours in case of emergency) within 48 hours of planned hospitalization.
- Fill and submit the Pre-authorization request form to the Insurance/TPA desk of the hospital.
- Then the hospital will send all the documents to the company for verification.
- After document verification, the claims management team will send an approval letter to the hospital.
- The hospital will go ahead with the cashless treatment of the insured member.
* If the cashless claim is rejected, you can start treatment and file for reimbursement claim post-discharge.
reimbursement claim process
- Notify the company within 48 hours of hospitalization (24 hours in case of emergency).
- Submit the claim form along with relevant documents.
- The claim management team will verify the form and documents.
- The claim management team will send the approval letter.
- The insurance company will reimburse the claim amount within 15 days.
Documents Required for Reimbursement Claim
- Claim form duly completed and signed, in original
- valid photo-id proof
- Medical Practitioner’s Referral Letter and Prescription
- Original bills, receipts, and discharge cards from the hospital/medical practitioner
- Original bill from pharmacy/chemists
- Original pathological/diagnostic test report/radiology report and payment receipts
- indoor case paper
- First Information Report, Final Police Report, if applicable
- Post-mortem report, if conducted
- Any other document required by the company for assessing the claim
How to contact Care Health Insurance?
For any query related to Care Health Insurance Plan, you can contact the company through the following details:
You can also reach Care Health Insurance customer care through WhatsApp, mobile app, and chatbot.
Care Health Insurance: Frequently Asked Questions
1. What do you mean by NCB and NCB Super Under Care Health Plan?
Care Health Insurance rewards its customers with a 10% increase in the Sum Assured of their policy in the form of a No-Claim Bonus (NCB) for making no claims.
NCB Super is an add-on benefit that can be added to your cover along with Basic NCB. With NCB Super you will get a 50% increase in your SI amount after the claim-free year. A further increase of 10% in SI is also added to the NCB Super increments and an overall increase of 60% is available to the customer if he opts for NCB Super.
2. How fast is Religare’s cashless claim approval process?
Care Health Insurance (formerly Religare) has an in-house claims team that processes cashless claims within 2 hours.
3 How can I request a claim for Religare Health Plan?
You can inform Care Health Insurance about the claim either by calling their toll-free number 1800 102 4488 or by sending an intimation mail to [email protected] You must notify the Company within 48 hours of planned hospitalization and 24 hours of emergency hospitalization.
4. What types of health plans does Care Insurance offer?
Care Health Insurance offers a variety of health plans to its customers, ranging from eP medical policies for individuals and families to disease-specific plans and policies for senior citizens, youth, and the critically ill.
5. Can I get a care insurance plan to get coverage against pre-existing diseases?
Yes, you can buy a Care Freedom health insurance policy to get coverage for pre-existing diseases by paying a certain percentage of the co-pay on every claim.
6. Can I get global coverage under the Care Health Plan?
Yes, you can get global coverage under the Care Global variant of the Care plan.
7. What do you mean by Everyday Care in Religare Health Insurance?
Everyday Care is an add-on benefit under Care Health Insurance that covers regular doctor visits, medical checkups, and tests up to 1% of your chosen Sum Sum Assured.
8. What is Care Shield?
Care Shield is a specially designed product that offers customers a shield from the skyrocketing cost of healthcare expenses. It offers 3 benefits: Claim Shield, No-Claim Bonus Shield, and Inflation Shield.
9. What is the notice period in the Care Health Plan for applying for reimbursement claims in case of emergency hospitalization?
In case of emergency, you must notify the company within 24 hours of hospitalization.
10. Do all the plans offered by CARE come with maternity coverage?
No, the plans that come with maternity coverage under Care are Care Health and Care Joy.
11. How soon will the policyholder have to file a claim to avail reimbursement under Care Health Insurance?
For reimbursement purposes, the policyholder has to file a claim within 15 days of discharge from the hospital.
12. How can I track my Care Health Insurance claimed by my try status?
You can easily track claim status online. Visit the official website of Care Health Insurance and fill in the relevant details. Once done, the page will show you the current status of your cashless or reimbursement claim.
13. Can I buy a health insurance policy from Care Health Insurance Company and then avail the benefits from the next day?
No, one can avail of the coverage of CARE health insurance policies only after the 30-day waiting period is over. However, accidents and injuries are covered immediately.
14. What is the claim settlement ratio of the Care Health Ratio?
Care Health Insurance had a claim settlement ratio of 95.2% for the financial year 2020-21.
15. Is Care Health Insurance a reliable name?
Care Health has successfully built a trusted name in the insurance industry since its inception. With a CSR of 95.2% and 30 Lakh+ claims, Care Health Insurance has earned the trust of its customer base. Care Health Insurance offers a comprehensive health insurance plan with personal accident cover and critical illness cover. This ideal combination meets the health needs of all the members of your family, making it a suitable choice.
16. How many plans does Care Health Insurance have?
Care Health Insurance has 10+ products for different needs and requirements of individuals.
17. How strong is the Care Health Hospital network?
Care Health Insurance has over 19000+ cashless healthcare networks.